New Recycling Center
62 Main Street
In order to access the center, Matawan Residents (only) must schedule an appointment at the Municipal Building to obtain an access card. Additional details can be found below.
You must obtain an access card at:
Matawan Municipal Building
201 Broad Street (window 2)
Matawan, NJ 07747
Please schedule an appointment to obtain an access card by calling 732-566-3898 x600
Each residence will receive one initial access card (fee free)
Lost Access card replacement is $5.00 first occurence, and $10.00 second occurrence.
You will need:
- proof of residency - (driver's license with current address) or property tax bill
- copy of registration for each vehicle listed
- vehicle plate numbers (up to four at the same address)
Access cards are only for residents at the current address applied for - they are not allowed to be shared with other individuals at other addresses or any vendors without prior approval. This will result is loss of access to the center.
Hours of Operation of Recycling Center:
Monday through Friday
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- commingled - bottles (glass & plastic) cans (no paint cans) - NO TRASH CANS/RUBBERMAID CONTAINERS OR LARGE PLASTIC ITEMS OTHER THAN BOTTLES AND CANS - THESE ITEMS WILL GENERATE A SUMMONS
- cardboard (corrugated) must be broken down or flattened (NO SHREDDED PAPER OF ANY KIND)
- newspaper,mixed paper
- brush - branches 3 inches in diameter or less only
- yard debris - no grass, mulch, wood chips, soil or stones
- absolutely no plastic bags - please take them back with you if using for transportation to facility.
- metals - aluminum, steel (remove tires/cushions/glass etc. metal only please) - (no paint cans of any kind)
- NO PROPANE TANKS - NO AUTOMOBILE BATTERIES
- portable / laptop computers (remove all identifiable labels if possible)
- fax machines
- main frames stereos & radio equipment
- cable attachments
- e-book readers
- ups/battery backup (no car, boat or motorcycle batteries)
- cell phones & telephones
- mp3 players
- keyboards & mice
- vcr / dvd players
- space heaters
- No trash or construction debris of any kind - will generate a summons -
Photos from the Ribbon Cutting held Wednesday, June 26, 2019.